13 March 2010

Routes & Rides

After nearly a week of not riding I was back on Frankie* today. There was the plan of heading out for rides in the week but due to working late (boo) and meeting up with friends (yay!), it didn't quite happen. It was great to get back on the Saddle today & continue finding my cycle legs. As it was just a casual ride to work out a cycle route, it called for casual cycle-chic - or my take on it at least...


Hat: Missoni
Track Top: Emilo Pucci for Adidas
Scoop Neck Top: Topshop
Jeans: Topshop
Trainers: Adidas

Bagwise - practical and the right size to fit in Frankie's basket: a Longchamp Le Pliage tote in Lilac:
I still need to decide on which Pannier I want, as quite a few have caught my eye....!

The cycle-plan I did today was the one for work, when I start riding Frankie to the office. I live pretty close to work (less than a 20 min journey, including the train), so riding-in would not be a huge mission. It would also be much nicer than being on a crammed DLR! Although I "know" the route, it's not that straightforward on foot or by pedal: there is Dual Carriageway to tackle... something that I'm not quite ready to be riding along as a still "inexperienced" cyclist. I've found one that I can happily use to get to work & back, which avoids the Carriageway. It also doesn't force me to cycle on the pavement and annoy people :) Sadly, the main Cycle-Path on this route isn't very well marked out at all - I guess as a cyclist, I'm now noticing these things, which I go past every day. I do wonder if my local council will get round to re-marking & painting it...

It was an enjoyable ride: The Boy came up to London this weekend with his bike, so again I had that much appreciated guidance & my Cycle Partner :) I'm looking forwards to eventually riding Frankie into work - sorting out the route today was a good idea & has boosted my confidence about doing it...


* The Pashley Princess has a name!
SHARE:

12 comments

Sox said...

The new wallpaper on your blog is very fun!

Lady Vélo said...

Thanks Sox! :)

The Woollen Typist said...

I like your bike...so pretty.

East London is so much more cycle friendly than the West!

Was in Bermondsey for a cycle maintenance course and the roads there were like a whole new world to me...most notable...no gaping big potholes!

Anyway...I waffle...
But the LCC run one-to-one cycling classes to help you with your route to work or just gain a bit more confidence on the road...my local area also subsidised the training...so was free. Give it a go.

xx:)

Lady Vélo said...

@ The Woollen Typist: Thank you & thank you for coming to my blog :)

I've yet to do a proper comparison of the 2 for cycling! Ooooh - if you could see some of the roads in my immediate area you may change your mind... the pot holes and cracks are hurrendous - I swear the council has forgotten about some of these roads!

Thanks for the tip on the cyclling classes. My local council still haven't got back to me at all... xx

Dottie said...

Very cycle chic! I love your hat and shoes, especially. Frankie is also looking good :)

Lady Vélo said...

@ Dottie; Thank you very much & of course thanks for coming to my blog :)

I'm very fond of those Adidas & Missoni is a weakness of mine :) Frankie is quite a dream at the moment... Pashley = love!

Denise @ Swelle said...

Aw, what a great bike and outfit to match! I love your Missoni hat and seeing that Longchamp bag in your basket made me shriek! I love it when someone thinks of every last detail! x

Lady Vélo said...

@ Denise: Thank you Hun! Missoni hats always get my vote in the winter months - love the patterns & have gathered a health collection of them now!

And Longchamp = so practical and stylish at the same time! This one is my little baby - I have a larger one in Bilberry too :)

Every last detail has to be thought of when it comes to wardrobe planning ;) x

Julz said...

I like the bagwise tip. My panniers are a bit heavy. Love your style :)

Lady Vélo said...

@ Julz: Thank you for stopping by myblog and for the comment :) I still need to sort out Panniers for my Pashley... :)

Elizabeth said...

girl l like your style.its so nice to see another black women who likes cycling to and who go style

Lady Vélo said...

Hi Elizabeth :)

Thank you for coming to my blog!
I love cycling & it's always great to see girls on bikes riding in style :)

© V E L O C I T Y G I R L | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig