19 April 2011

Playsuits for Pedal Pushing...

It's fairly safe to say that Summer is creeping in - which has me thinking about a Summer Cycle Wardrobe...

Playsuits will feature heavily this year. I became a fan of them after falling head over handlebars for this Chloé one I bought in 2009:
Other than trying it on in that picture, I've yet to wear it outside my house, which is a total disservice to how pretty & colourful it is! It should be fantastic to ride in: light material, not clingy and very breezy.

I have 2 other Playsuits (bought last year) but I've been eyeing up the selection Topshop currently has on offer. These ones are definitely on the shopping list:

Love the cut of this one & the pattern so much

I've not worn anything like these since I was a kid, so surprised that I like them. Reckon these ones would look wicked when I'm riding on my Raleigh 20 - fits the era nicely!

If you're not super comfortable cycling in a short skirt (I've still not done that yet), I suspect the Playsuit makes for a good alternative: you still have the freedom of getting your legs out in the sunshine, they look easy to cycle in & you can hide your modesty at the same time!

Do you have any Summer Cycle Wardrobe plans or tips?
SHARE:

3 comments

The Woollen Typist said...

My only fear with playsuits...the obvious going to the toilet situation.

I mostly cycle in short skirts and dresses. Modesty is usually not a problem during winter and my tights are nice and thick and more like leggings.
But for summer a pair of shorts under the skirt or dress is a good idea (maybe I need to put my own advice into practice)!

Summer is here for sure though...good times. :)

Julie said...

I can't believe you OWN the top one and have yet to wear it outside! Get it together, girl!

Lady Vélo said...

@ TWT: I've been out in Playsuits before & have no issue with the "toilet situation" - but they have been unfussy suits to get out of which is good! I'll give the shorts under the skirt thing a go, but I have some skrirts that I *KNOW* shoudn't be cycled in! :)

@ Julie: I KNOW!!! I've been bad on that front and will rectify that this summer!!!! :)

© V E L O C I T Y G I R L | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig